God does not ask of us anything that he himself has not first given us.
Pope Francis 2015
Lent, Holy Week & Easter February 18 ~ April 5, 2015
Meditation Books will be available at the entrances the weekend of February 14/15.
Rice Bowls…Blessing of Rice Bowls during all Masses weekend of February 14/15…learn more here.
Ash Wednesday Schedule – Masses: 6:45am, 12:10pm, 7:00pm
Lenten Daily Mass Schedule
- Mondays: 9:00am
- Tuesdays: 9:00am Communion Service
- Wednesdays: 10:00am Mass
- Thursdays: 6:45am Mass
- Fridays: 6:45am & 9:00am Masses
- Wednesday, March 4
- Religious Ed 1st Wednesday Masses 8:05am & 8:50am
- no 10am Mass on this day
Lenten Mission: – Spiritual Spring Training w/ Fr. David McCallum
February 23-25, 2015 ~ 7:00pm
Using the analogy of physical exercise, St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits, describes how the practice of spiritual exercise can bring about personal wholeness and well-being through a deeper relationship with God. Fr. David will facilitate experiences that can help us grow in self-awareness, inner freedom, and that helps us draw closer in our personal relationship with God. The retreat will weave together talks, exercises, and time for questions and conversation.
- February 21/22: Preach all Masses
- February 23: Finding Our Inner Room
- February 24: Finding God in Our Lived Experience
- February 25: Encountering Jesus
Light refreshments will be served each evening.
Annual Lenten Fish Fry – Friday, March 6, 5:00pm-7:00pm
Cazenovia College Hubbard Dining Hall
Haddock, Clam Strips, Mac & Cheese Dinners w/French Fries, Coleslaw, Dessert & Beverages.
All proceeds to benefit Faith Formation & Youth Ministry programs.
Lenten Soup Suppers – Wednesdays in Lent
March 4, 11, 18 5:45pm ~ 6:45pm
Stations of the Cross
- March 4: Marian Stations
- March 11: 6th & 8th Grade Stations
- March 18: In The Words Of Pope Francis
- Stations of the Cross are also located on the East wall of the Daily Chapel for personal reflection. The Daily Chapel is accessible Monday ~ Friday during the day.
Lenten Penance Services – TBA
March 30: Leave The Light On Reconciliation 4:00-7:00p
Adult Faith Formation
Monday evenings ~ 7:00pm March 2, 9, 16, 23
Facilitated by Kyle Reger
Mystery Players – Friday, March 20 ~ 7:30p
Immaculate Heart Central Mystery Players from Watertown present a living Stations of the Cross. Meditation and contemplation on the death and resurrection of Jesus is the central mystery in the prayer life of the Catholic Church.
Lenten Grade Liturgies – Sunday, March 22: 1st & 9th Grade
Holy Week – March 29-April 4, 2015
Palm Sunday, March 28/29
- Saturday Vigil, 5:00pm
- Sunday, 9:00am & 11:00am
- Procession with banners and palms leading into the Church.
Holy Week Daily Masses
- Monday March 30 – Daily Mass: 9:00am
- Tuesday, March 31 – Communion Service: 9:00am
- Wednesday, April 1 – Daily Mass: 10:00a
- Set up Garden in Daily Chapel: 10:30a
Holy Week Services
Holy Thursday, April 2
- Liturgy of the Lord’s Supper, 7:00pm
- All Night Adoration in “The Garden,” 8:00pm
Good Friday, April 3 – Solemn Commemoration, 12:00pm
Holy Saturday, April 4
- Blessing of Easter Food, 12:00pm
- Easter Vigil, 8:00pm
Easter Sunday, April 5, 2015
- Masses: 9:00am, 11:00am
We thank Thee for the morning and the singing of the bird.
We thank Thee for the quiet and peace of eventide and the blessing of sleep which comes with the night.
As we rise in the morning to work in our gardens, grant that the toil of our bodies may bring tranquility to our minds; that the growth of our plantings be exemplified in the growth of our souls; that the fruit of our trees be the perfect attainment, the crowning glory of a life dedicated to Thee. Amen.
From Hidden Hills Garden Website posted by Peggy Hill.